This is expected to grow, over time, to a very long list. If there is an organization our business you want to see listed, please let us know by email. Eventually, we will also allow reviews.
- Seven Seas Cruising Association
The Seven Seas Cruising Association is the oldest and largest worldwide organization supporting the liveaboard cruising lifestyle. Founded in 1952, SSCA remains true to its traditions of sharing cruising information, fostering camaraderie, and leaving a clean wake. Every serious cruiser should consider membership.
- Bluewater Cruising Association
The mission of Bluewater Cruising Association is to foster seamanship and friendship for people with an active interest in offshore cruising.
- The Cruising Club of America
The mission of the Cruising Club of America is to promote cruising by amateurs, to encourage the development of suitable types of cruising craft, to stimulate interest in seamanship, navigation and handling of small vessels, and to gather and keep on file all information which may be of assistance to members in cruising.
Founded in 1908, the Cruising Association represents the interests of cruising sailors and motor-boaters worldwide and provides up-to-date cruising information. Our base, next to London's Limehouse Marina, has a fine library with excellent cruise planning facilities. We have active sections around the UK, also in the Mediterranean, the Baltic, Biscay, the Inland Waterways of Europe and a Blue Water section.
If you are thinking of starting your own blog, SailBlogs" offers free (advertising supported) blogs to the sailing community.
- Liberty - Ty and Suzanne Giesemann
- Ocelot Cruising the World - The Hacking Family on Ocelot
- Lin and Larry Pardey - Blog, Videos & Books
- Tell-Tales - Rod Heikell's very informal site on sailing around bits of the world and an eclectic collection of things nautical or nearly so.
- LSAC - Luc Callebaut & Jackie Lee
- Fleetwoods Circumnavigation - The Travels of Jack van Ommen
- Past the Lighthouse - ENKI II
- The World According to Fred - s/v Escape Key
- Imray Nautical Charts, Books and Software - Particularly good for Europe
- The Nautical Mind
- Parasdise Cay Publications - Nautical Bookstore
- Ports - Cruising Guides to the Great Lakes
- Richardsons' Charts - Chartbooks and Cruising Guides to the Great Lakes and US East Coast
- Seaworthy Publications has a good selection of cruising guides and nautical books from their own presses and others.
- Sheridan House
- Coral Cove Marina Hotel
- Industrial Marine Services (IMS)
- Peake Yacht Services
- Marina Quinched
Chiloe Archipelago, Chile
- Port of Calais
- Port Plaisance de Dunkerque Marina
- Port Du Grand Large
- Yacht Club on the North Sea
- Le port du Bassin du Commerce
- www.plaisance-opale.com">Port de Plaisance
- Marina Taina
Punaauia, Tahiti - French Polynesia
Kemer Turkiz Marina
Marmaris Yacht Marina
- Maine Yacht Center
Portland, ME - USA
- Portland Yacht Services
Portland, OR - USA
- Canal Boatyard, LCC
Seattle, WA - USA
- Compass Watersports - The largest mail order house in Europe for yachting equipment and accessories and sailing clothing
- Defender Industries - Everything
- eMarine Systems - Marine Energy Solutions
- Landfall - Books, Charts, Software, ELectronics, and more
- Imtra Marine Products - Marine Lighting and more
- Jimmy Green Maine - Ropes and Rigging - Safety Equipment - Chandlery
- Marathon Marine and Leisure - one of the largest Marine Distributors within the UK and Eire
- Marine Super Store - Everything
- North Sails - Sails
- OceanMedix.com - Emergency and Medical supplies
- Piplers of Poole - Everything
- Rigging Only - Sailboat Rigging
- Sailrite - Mostly fabric oriented supplies and equipment
- Steveston Marine & Hardware - 50,000 items in inventory
- West Marine - Everything
- TripBuzz.com Boating SafetyResource Guide
- BoatSafe.com Boating Safety, Courses and Articles
- International Yacht Restoration School offers courses in Marine Systems and Boatbuilding & Restoration.
- National Weather Service JetStream - Online School for Weather
- NauticEd - Inexpensive online sailing classes.
- Seven Seas U - Online classes from Seven Seas Cruising Association (so you know they have to be good).
- SailingIssues Navigation Course. A free online course.
- Starpath School of Navigation - Training and related products in all phases of marine navigation and weather.
- US Sailing - Free online sailing classes.
- Divers Alert Network DAN membershipincludes TravelAssist medical evacuation insurance.
- HealthCare International
- The Marine Medical Kit(pdf) by Michael Jacobs, MD
- Anything Sailing - A sailing discussion site
- The Mother of all Link Lists
- BurningZone Manuals, Free downloads of manuals for engines, transmissions and other boat gear.
- CompleteSailor - "aims to be the internet's most comprehensive sailingl resource"
- Cruiser Log - "Resources for Cruisers" - check out both the forum and the wiki.
- Cruisers Forum - "Cruising Boats, Cruising People, Cruising Answers"
- The Salty Southeast Cruisers' Net - "Cruisers helping cruisers - concentrating on the US Southeast (ICW) and Bahamas"
- Cruising Resources - "one man's mental chart of sailboat cruising"
- Noonsite - "essential information on all matters of interest to sailors"
- Panbo - "The Marine Electronics Weblog" for those of us who are gadget obsessed
- SetSail - "providing the info and inspiration for bluewater passage making"
- Marmaris Bay Cruisers - "Cruising information for Turkey"
- 48 North
- Blue Water Sailing
- Caribbean Compass, the Caribbean's Monthly Marine Magazine.
- Cruising Compass a weekly online newsletter.
- Cruising World
- Good Old Boat "The sailing magazine for the rest of us"
- The Trawler & Ocean Motorboat Community
- Practical Boat Owner, Britain's Biggest Selling Yachting Magazine
- Practical Sailor, a Consumer Reports for boaters
- Hamilton Ferris - Wind & Solar
- Marlec Renewable Power - Wind & Solar
- OutBack Power Systems - Charge Controllers and inverters
- Superwind - small high quality wind generators
- SV Hotwire - Wind & Solar
- Crusader B.V.I. Yacht Sales - BVI
- Crusader Yacht Sales - Annapolis, MD
- Horizon Yacht Sales - BVI
- Island Yachting Centre - Palmetto, FL
- Rogue Wave Yacht Sales - Annapolis, MD
- Yacht World - Global
- Admiral Yachts - Sail, Multihull
- African Cats - Power, Sail, Multihull
- Antares Yachts - Sail, Multihull
- Beneteau USA - Sail, Monohull
- Catalina Yachts - Sail, Monohull
- Corsair Marine - Sail, Multihull
- Dashew Offshore - Sail, Power
- Dufour Yachts - Sail
- Gunboat - Sail, Multihull
- Hylas - Sail, Monohull
- Hanse - Sail, Monohull
- Hallberg-Rassy - Sail, Monohull
- Hunter Marine - Sail, Monohull
- Island Packet Yachts - Sail, Monohull
- Jeanneau - Sail, Monohull
- Kadey-Krogen Yachts - Power, Trawlers
- Knysna Yacht Company - Sail, Multihull
- Lagoon Catamarans - Sail, Multihull
- Matrix Yachts - Sail, Multihull
- Morris Yachts - Sail, Monohull
- Nordhavn Yachts - Power, Trawlers
- Pacific Seacraft - Sail, Monohull
- Robertson and Caine - Power, Sail, Multihull
- Royal Cape Catarmarans - Sail, Multihull
- Rustler Yachts - Sail, Monohull
- Southerly - Sail, Variable draft Monohulls
- St. Francis Marine - Sail, Multihull
- Voyage Yachts - Sail, Multihull
- X-Yachts - Sail, Multihull